Frequently Asked Questions
What types of conditions are treated in this practice?
We treat a variety of conditions, and may either be cosmetic or reconstructive. Choosing from a number of possible procedures, an individual treatment plan is designed specifically to meet the individual needs of each patient.
- Loose facial skin- Facelift, Skin Resurfacing, Brow Lift, Eyelid Surgery
- Wrinkles and folds- Skin Resurfacing, Injectable and Implantable Fillers, Botox
- Facial Aging- Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, Brow Lift, Skin Resurfacing, Liposuction, Chin and Cheek Implants, Injectable and Implantable Skin Fillers, Botox
- Crow's feet- Skin Resurfacing, Injectable and Implantable Skin Fillers, Botox
Sagging or "baggy" eyelids- Brow Lift, Eyelid Surgery, Skin Resurfacing
- "Droopy" eyebrows- Brow Lift, Botox
Flattened or sagging cheeks- Chin and Cheek Implants
- Jowls- Facelift, Skin Resurfacing, Liposuction, Chin and Cheek Implants
- "Turkey neck"- Facelift, Liposuction, Chin and Cheek Implants
- Thin lips- Injectable and Implantable Skin Fillers
- "Lop" ears- Otoplasty
- Scars- Skin Resurfacing, Injectable and Implantable Skin Fillers, Scar Revision
Moles or other skin lesions- Removal of Skin Lesions/Tumors
- Hair loss- Hair Restoration
- Facial trauma- Rhinoplasty, Scar Revision
- Nasal deformity/nasal obstruction- Rhinoplasty
- Weak chin- Chin and Cheek Implants
What kinds of procedures are available here?
Please refer to the Procedures link for a full description of the procedures offered.
How soon can I schedule an appointment?
We strive to accommodate patients by providing personalized consultations as soon as possible in the most convenient location. Generally, appointments are available with 1-2 weeks.
Is it necessary to have a consultation before I book a procedure?
Since all patients receive individualized, personal treatment, it is always necessary to see Dr. Sclafani prior to any procedure. Not all patients are candidates for the procedures in which they are interested. The consultation allows for a thoughtful analysis of the patient's needs and gives the patient time to prepare for the procedure.
Can I have the procedure the same day as the consultation?
While we try to accommodate all patients, it is generally not possible to have a surgical procedure on the same day as the consultation. Some non- surgical procedures, such as Botox or Restylane treatments, can be done on the day of consultation.
Does the doctor usually keep to his schedule of appointments?
Dr. Sclafani respects your time constraints, and to the degree possible keeps to his schedule of appointments. However, as a surgeon, unforeseen conditions may occur or new patients require emergent treatment, and this may cause a delay. We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment, so that the necessary paperwork can be completed and you can be seen on schedule. Feel free to call ahead to see whether the physician is on time.